Skip to content
Minimum Required LifterLMS Version Has Changed
- The minimum required LifterLMS core version in now 3.24.0 Please upgrade LifterLMS to the latest version to continue using LifterLMS Assignments
- Assignment grades will now contribute to the grade of a lesson
- If no quiz is present, the lesson grade will equal the grade of the lesson
- If both a quiz and assignment are present on a lesson, the lesson grade will be determined by a combination of the quiz and assignment grades
- The default weight of quizzes and assignments are 1:1, by defining custom weights for the quiz and assignment it is now possible to weight a quiz or assignment more heavily (or make one not count at all by defining a weight of 0)
- The grade of the lesson is calculated by the following formula:
( quiz_grade x quiz_weight ) + ( assignment_grade x assignment_weigth ) / ( quiz_weight + assignment_weigth ). If the total weight is 0, the lesson grade will be
null which results in the lesson not counting towards the overall grade of the course.
- Existing course and lesson grades will automatically be updated after a database migration. Existing quizzes and assignments will all be set with a default weight of 1 point.
- Customizable email notifications are now available
- Assignment Graded: an email sent to the student when their assignment has been manually graded by an instructor
- Assignment Submitted: an email sent to the instructor when an assignment has been submitted by a student
Updates and Enhancements
- Added assignment information on the “My Grades” area of the student dashboard
- Added assignment information to the student course reporting table
- Added submission review url getter method to submission model
- Added Links between courses and assignments on reporting screens
- Assignment submission data will now be included in personal data exports
- Assignment submission data will now be deleted from the database during personal data erasure requests (only if “Remove Student LMS Data” is enabled in account settings)
- When a lesson is a deleted any associated lessons will also be deleted
- When an assignment is graded the action
llms_assignment_submitted is no longer called and
llms_assignment_graded is now called instead.
llms_assignment_submitted is reserved for student submission only.
- Fixed issue with mimetype validation for upload assignments