Skip to content
- When a lesson with an assignment is deleted the assignment is now automatically deleted.
- When an assignment is deleted all submissions for the assignment are automatically deleted.
- When an upload assignment submission is deleted the upload file (and associated attachment post) is automatically deleted.
- Bugfix: When an assignment is deleted from the course builder is now deleted (instead of trashed) and the lesson’s metadata is updated to remove the association to the deleted assignment.
- Bugfix: Call
exit() after redirecting on submission deletion.
- Bugfix: Made private method
- Bugfix: Use
gmdate() in favor of
date() when outputting task completion dates.
- Fixes an issue preventing instructors from viewing assignment reporting (requires LifterLMS Core 3.36.5 to fully resolve this issue).
- Fix a date transposition error visible on assignment notification emails.
- Raises the minimum required LifterLMS Core version to 3.31.0. Please upgrade the LifterLMS Core in conjunction with this add-on!
- Improves reporting data by using the LifterLMS core data methods.
- Add handlers to handle LifterLMS duplicate assignments during when importing and cloning courses.
- Added formatting options (bold, italics, and underline) to task list items.
- Added anchor/link options to task list items.
- Added “deep” linking to assignments on the course builder from course builder metaboxes displayed when editing a lesson in the WordPress editor.
- Fixed an issue causing assignment reporting screens to encounter a fatal error when user’s associated with assignment submissions had been deleted from the database.
- Fixed an issue preventing instructors from marking individual tasks complete or incomplete when grading a tasklist assignment.
Minimum Required LifterLMS Version Has Changed
- The minimum required LifterLMS core version in now 3.24.0 Please upgrade LifterLMS to the latest version to continue using LifterLMS Assignments
- Assignment grades will now contribute to the grade of a lesson
- If no quiz is present, the lesson grade will equal the grade of the lesson
- If both a quiz and assignment are present on a lesson, the lesson grade will be determined by a combination of the quiz and assignment grades
- The default weight of quizzes and assignments are 1:1, by defining custom weights for the quiz and assignment it is now possible to weight a quiz or assignment more heavily (or make one not count at all by defining a weight of 0)
- The grade of the lesson is calculated by the following formula:
( quiz_grade x quiz_weight ) + ( assignment_grade x assignment_weigth ) / ( quiz_weight + assignment_weigth ). If the total weight is 0, the lesson grade will be
null which results in the lesson not counting towards the overall grade of the course.
- Existing course and lesson grades will automatically be updated after a database migration. Existing quizzes and assignments will all be set with a default weight of 1 point.
- Customizable email notifications are now available
- Assignment Graded: an email sent to the student when their assignment has been manually graded by an instructor
- Assignment Submitted: an email sent to the instructor when an assignment has been submitted by a student
Updates and Enhancements
- Added assignment information on the “My Grades” area of the student dashboard
- Added assignment information to the student course reporting table
- Added submission review url getter method to submission model
- Added Links between courses and assignments on reporting screens
- Assignment submission data will now be included in personal data exports
- Assignment submission data will now be deleted from the database during personal data erasure requests (only if “Remove Student LMS Data” is enabled in account settings)
- When a lesson is a deleted any associated lessons will also be deleted
- When an assignment is graded the action
llms_assignment_submitted is no longer called and
llms_assignment_graded is now called instead.
llms_assignment_submitted is reserved for student submission only.
- Fixed issue with mimetype validation for upload assignments