Avatar and Cover images
- Students can now upload a custom avatar image via their profile
- Improved error response handling during cover image (and avatar image) uploads
Dynamic My Profile menu item
- Add a menu item via Customizer or menu builder which links to the current student’s profile
- This menu item is automatically removed from navigation menus if there is no logged in user
Student Profile Settings
- Added helper description text to third-party social network links
- Added new third-party social network options: Bitbucket, GitHub, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, & YouTube
- Admins & LMS Managers may delete all stories
- Instructors may delete any stories related to their courses and memberships
- Students may delete their own stories
- Students may edit their own shared (text) stories. Any automatically generated stories (such as an enrollment story) cannot be edited.
Story Card Improvements
- Achievement stories have an improved visual display and have additional information (date and name of the person earning the achievement).
- Quiz passed stories are more visually consistent with other stories
- Share stories with video links that are embeddable via WordPress oEmbed functionality will automatically be embed at the top of the story. Only the first video in a story is automatically embedded, others will be made into links.
Admins & LMS Managers can view anything they want whenever they want
Instructors can see everything in their courses & memeberships & everything in courses & memberships they’re enrolled in
Students can see everything in the courses and memberships they’re enrolled in
Some story types are marked as “public” and are visible on timelines regardless of enrollments:
join– when a user registers and joins the site
complete– when a student completes a course
enroll– when a student enrolls ins a course or membership
These stories can be made private (or private stories can be made public) by modifying the “public” key for each story type. Use the filter
llms_sl_story_verbsto do so.
Timeline Browsing Cards
- The “Browse Stories” card on timelines will now only display a list of courses & memberships the current user is enrolled in
- An additional card “Browse Stories (Instructor)” is additionally displayed to Admins, LMS Managers, Instructors, and Instructor’s Assistants. This card allows these users to filter timelines by course or memberships they have access to as instructors/admins/managers.
- Slashes are now removed from share and reply content when displayed on timelines