Skip to content
- Added formatting options (bold, italics, and underline) to task list items.
- Added anchor/link options to task list items.
- Added “deep” linking to assignments on the course builder from course builder metaboxes displayed when editing a lesson in the WordPress editor.
- Fixed an issue causing assignment reporting screens to encounter a fatal error when user’s associated with assignment submissions had been deleted from the database.
- Fixed an issue preventing instructors from marking individual tasks complete or incomplete when grading a tasklist assignment.
Minimum Required LifterLMS Version Has Changed
- The minimum required LifterLMS core version in now 3.24.0 Please upgrade LifterLMS to the latest version to continue using LifterLMS Assignments
- Assignment grades will now contribute to the grade of a lesson
- If no quiz is present, the lesson grade will equal the grade of the lesson
- If both a quiz and assignment are present on a lesson, the lesson grade will be determined by a combination of the quiz and assignment grades
- The default weight of quizzes and assignments are 1:1, by defining custom weights for the quiz and assignment it is now possible to weight a quiz or assignment more heavily (or make one not count at all by defining a weight of 0)
- The grade of the lesson is calculated by the following formula:
( quiz_grade x quiz_weight ) + ( assignment_grade x assignment_weigth ) / ( quiz_weight + assignment_weigth ). If the total weight is 0, the lesson grade will be
null which results in the lesson not counting towards the overall grade of the course.
- Existing course and lesson grades will automatically be updated after a database migration. Existing quizzes and assignments will all be set with a default weight of 1 point.
- Customizable email notifications are now available
- Assignment Graded: an email sent to the student when their assignment has been manually graded by an instructor
- Assignment Submitted: an email sent to the instructor when an assignment has been submitted by a student
Updates and Enhancements
- Added assignment information on the “My Grades” area of the student dashboard
- Added assignment information to the student course reporting table
- Added submission review url getter method to submission model
- Added Links between courses and assignments on reporting screens
- Assignment submission data will now be included in personal data exports
- Assignment submission data will now be deleted from the database during personal data erasure requests (only if “Remove Student LMS Data” is enabled in account settings)
- When a lesson is a deleted any associated lessons will also be deleted
- When an assignment is graded the action
llms_assignment_submitted is no longer called and
llms_assignment_graded is now called instead.
llms_assignment_submitted is reserved for student submission only.
- Fixed issue with mimetype validation for upload assignments
- Added a column to the main assignments reporting screen to display the number of ungraded submissions for each assignment
- On the main assignments screen the total number of submissions is now a link to the submission list for that assignment
- On assignment submission lists it’s now possible to filter assignments by status. This will make it easy to see all assignments which you need to grade on a single screen
- Both assignment and submission lists will now highlight (in bold) any assignment / submission which is awaiting review / requires a grade.
- Assignment uploads will now display their original filenames when uploaded and downloaded
- Fixed issue causing fatal errors encountered when a quiz is passed on a lesson which has both a quiz and assignment and the assignment is currently imcomplete.
- Added RTL language support
- Fixed an issue preventing task deletion for a task that was added to an unsaved assignment
- Fixed issue requiring permalinks to be manually flushed after plugin installation
- Fixed an issue preventing the assignments managements sidebar on the course builder to load when adding an assignment to a course created prior to installing assignments
- Fixed an issue preventing the course builder from loading when the course was affected by the above issue
- Fixed an issue preventing assignment templates from being overwritten from themes/child themes
- Fix issue preventing assignment passing grade requirement from preventing lesson completion
llms_course_children_post_types to define assignments as a child of courses